First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

Hello Church of the Way,

I hope you're are enjoying the beautiful weather on this Thanksgiving week and preparing for time with loved ones over the holidays. After all the Thanksgiving festivities, I'm looking forward to sharing with you this Sunday as we continue our series "CORE" and look at the value of "Generosity." It seems fitting that we'd think about Generosity over Thanksgiving break.

Just a reminder that One Way won't meet this Sunday afternoon, but we'll have our normal worship at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
"Let us come before him with thanksgiving." Psalm 95:2

Sometimes I marvel at all that God has done for me. I am very blessed, and I'm certain that I often take it for granted. I believe that every good and perfect gift comes from above, and He has certainly given me many. In this season of giving thanks, I'm grateful that God has given me...

-His unbelievable Grace that I have never once deserved.
-His love -- that God wants a relationship with me is still bonkers, but oh, so good.
-My wife. Far better than I deserve.
-My boys. My quiver is full (though they keep emptying my pantry).
-My family. We're blessed with wonderful and supportive sets of parents, siblings, and nephews.
-Health. I have only so much control over it, and I'm so grateful for the good health I've been blessed with in the ways that I can't control.
-Our Church. What an awesome group of people committed to changing the world!
-This community. It's a great place to raise a family.
-Fall Saturdays
-Fried Turkey
-Sweet Potato Souffle
-Mello Yello Zero. You should try that stuff -- it's good.
-Coffee
-Laughter
-Funny Commercials
-Electric Guitars
-Comfortable Shoes
-The internet
-Cheesecake
-Good friends to laugh and cry with
-A warm, dry roof over my head

I'll bet you have a lot to be thankful for to. Be sure and tell Him.

No comments: