First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Friday, February 28, 2014

Sunday Preview & Thought for the Week (2.28.14)

I hope you're having a great week.  I'm so excited about the season coming up at Church of the Way.  Easter is less than two months away.  Can you believe that?  As I was praying about and planning for Easter, I really felt led to dig into the story of Jesus' last week before Easter.  There's a lot of fascinating aspects of the story and a lot of characters.  I hope you'll be there an invite friends as we begin "How It All Went Down" this Sunday.  Check out a preview and share this sneak peak to invite friends here.

Thought for the Week
"See, I am doing a new thing."  Isaiah 43:19

I'm always fascinated by the lessons of everyday life.  Emily and I have been under an 8-month kitchen renovation.  It's going to take about four more months.  We've been living in a little bit of kitchen chaos for a season.  But I started another section this week with our countertops.  They were looking rough.  We went the economical (or...cheap!) route and used a new refinishing product.  Underneath, they looked messed up and pieced together.  I know my boys couldn't see the vision for what they would eventually look like.  But I could see it, even though they were currently a mess.  Do you know God sees you that way?  And He is always ready to do a new thing.  You and others might see a mess, but God sees what the finished product is going to look like.  He's got lots of products and ways to make you into something new.  He's got big plans.  You might have lived a season in chaos under construction, but God sees a renovation opportunity.  In Christ, we never have to settle for what we were.  We never have to live with the scars of a damaged past.  There is always an opportunity for something new in your life.  God is doing some new things at Church of the Way, and I'm excited about watching Him move.  Let us always be open to the new things God wants to do in our personal lives.  He sees the finished product if we will just let Him work.

In Christ,

Carter McInnis
Lead Pastor
carter@churchoftheway.net
ifoundtheway.blogspot.com

No comments: