First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Don't know about you but I'm...LOST

Okay, I watch one TV show religiously -- LOST. It's an addiction, but I've come to terms with it. It has gotten really confusing lately, and it's got plenty of juicy twist. I've heard several good ideas: that it's really all about a space/time continuum, that Ben & Widmore are trillionaires playing a high-stakes, real life game (courtesy of my friend Heather's brother). I've had the idea that the island is actually Eden. That's why people get better, because of the Tree of Life. That's also why people who turn dirty are 'eaten up' by the big black smoke monster. Sin finds you out in Eden. Plus, God set an angel to guard the Tree of Life after Adam & Eve ate from the tree of Knowledge of Good & Evil. Maybe the tree of knowledge is how Ben knows so much. Maybe the Dharma Initiative was about starting civilization over in Eden to see if we could get it right somehow. Maybe that explains all the power of the island.

The main thing, though, that I'm realizing is that it's not one thing. It's several things all together, which is what makes it really confusing. What do you think?

2 comments:

Robin Lambright said...

I agree 100%, I think they have LOST control of the wonderful suspenseful chaos and have gone a bit overboard with all the weirdness. It was strange and compelling at first but now it is a bit overwhelming at just how over the top it is becoming, but even with the over the top weirdness I’m dug in now and I have to find out how it turn out.
I think Ben and Widmore are brothers, something about the exchange they had when Ben broke into is house a few shows ago and they had a strange conversation. They were very familiar with each other. I also think there is some strange time displacement going on, as well as something about the actual location of the island that creates something that heals people as well as allows them to see things that are either not there (Jacks dead father (or is he really dead????), Walt appearing out of nowhere, the weird whisper the jungle makes ect….and what’s up with the flash back of Locke as a little boy and the guy who recruited Juliet and the strange black man, wasn’t he the same one who came to visit Hurley in the mental hospital) totally over the top weird. Addicted to LOST, I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

love LOST.
have you seen the commericals for the new show, FRINGE? same creator (jj abrams). looks good. coming on fox this fall.

on the eden theory: could explain the space-time continuum thing...i mean, a thousand years is like a day and all that junk.

it seems like sawyer chose to stay on the island. i'd like to know why the "six" chose to leave...