First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bon Jovi still rocks it

OK, so my wife, Emily, and I got to see Bon Jovi rock out last Thursday night. Pretty amazing concert. He still rocked it out at whatever age he is. He sang all the old stuff. Of course, he didn't sing "Love for Sale" which is one of my old favorites that never got released. Check it out if you get a chance. I can't remember if that was on the New Jersey or Slippery When Wet album. I just remember that one cassette was white and the other was clear. Wow, I just said cassette. And he surprisingly left out a lot of the ballads. I was amazed by his energy.

Probably one of the coolest things of the concert, though, was Chris Daughtry. His band, Daughtry, opened for Jovi, and they invited Chris back out to sing "Blaze of Glory." He came out dressed just like Jon Bon Jovi & with a wig on. It was hilarious and showed what a good natured guy he seems to be. He said something that stuck with me during his earlier performance: "Thanks for spending your hard earned money to come hear us tonight." I appreciated that because it was true.

No comments: