First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Friday, March 10, 2017

Sunday Preview & Thought for the Week (3.10.17)

Hey Church!

I hope you're finishing up a great week.  I know students across Gwinnett & Barrow are enjoying a day off today!  This Sunday, you'll hear special messages at each campus.  It will be a great day of worship.  Then, gear up for a 4-weeks series called "
Pray-er" beginning March 19.  It's going to be a great season ahead as we prepare for Easter!

Thought for the Week
"He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."  Daniel 2:21

This Winter (if you can call it that) has been one for the books.  You can see signs of an early Spring peeking through nature. The older I get, the more fascinated I am with the seasons.  Almost overnight, you wake up to see greenery in the Spring or the leaves turning in the Fall.  It's an amazing process that takes a year in the making, and it reveals there is much going on behind the scenes.  This is our God -- Master of the Season.  The Orchestrator of "much going on behind the scenes."  It is in those moments of recognizing God's grandeur that I remember He is orchestrating much behind the scenes of my life.  And I need not worry.  I can't hurry the process.  I can do things to harm it, but the most important thing is to think about what I can do today that will ensure that whatever God is doing blooms when it's supposed to.  That may mean a season of being dormant.  It may mean letting go of the 'leaves' that need to go.  It may mean soaking in the rain of a wet season (which isn't particular fun).  What I can do is trust the process and be faithful in it.  There's a lot going on behind the scenes of your life.  A lot.  But the God that directs the seasons is the same God who is working in your life to spring-forth something beautiful.  You can trust Him.  He's got this.  How can you be faithful today to be ready for whatever God is doing in your life?

In Christ,

Carter McInnis
Lead Pastor

No comments: