First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sick

So, I was a pretty sick puppy this weekend. I had some kind of cousin of strep throat. Got some meds in me, and I'm getting good to go, thanks to the doc. I feel good, but sometimes I get reminded that my energy isn't quite what I want it to be. The sickness is still in there...a little. I want to push on ahead, but I know my body is not quite ready.

Often, we try to run in our faith before we are well. Our lives have had a wound, pain, or the sickness of sin. The Great Doctor brings healing, but sometimes we don't let that healing take root long enough. We only get half-well and start running again, and the wound re-opens or sickness comes back. We end up struggling with the same problems we thought we'd overcome or dealing with the same ol' sin we thought we'd defeated.

My doctor told me that I need to make sure and take my antibiotics for the entire 10 days. There's a reason for that. The important time frame is to get me fully well. Have you sat with God and let Him heal you? Did you get a little touch of grace and start running again before you were made whole? Let the Physician heal you, and make sure and take the time to sit with Him before you get out in rat race again. You need to be well, to be whole for him to use you.

No comments: