First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sunday Preview & Thought for the Week (7.16.16)

Hey Church!

It was an awesome week at KidsGames.  We had about 80 kids each night, and what a blessing it was to minister to these little ones in our community.  Thanks so much to all our volunteers who made it an awesome week!

This Sunday, we'll continue our series "Family Movie Night" and we'll learn some lessons from the move "Up."  It's going to be a fun day.  Bring a friend and come ready to experience Jesus!

Thought for the Week
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life?"  Luke 12:25

I worry about terrorism.  I worry about the election.  I worry about our country.  I worry about my children.  I worry about the economy.  I worry about my health.  I worry about our church.  I worry about the future.  I worry about the unknown.  I worry about the community.  I worry about the people who don't know Jesus.  I worry.  Can we all just admit it:  we worry.  There's not one of us who doesn't worry something or someone.  We worry because we don't have the answers and there are no certainties.  But worry is actually a lack of faith.  Worry reveals where our security resides.  Worry reveals that we don't trust God.  Worry does no good.  It only increases anxiety and makes our mind imagine a world in which God won't show up.  But God WILL show up.  God WILL be with us.  And God DOES love us.  There are serious problems in the world and in our lives.  Serious things that raise our level of concern.  What would it mean for you and mean to trust God and have faith that He walks with us instead of worrying?  Worrying won't add an hour to your life, but it sure can make them more miserable.  Let's live in faith and trust.

In Christ,

Carter McInnis
Lead Pastor

No comments: