First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Top 3 Tuesday

So, every Tuesday I'm thinking of Top 3's. Tomorrow I'm leaving for Israel, a place I've never been. I'm super-pumped. To be fairly young, I've been blessed to take some pretty awesome trips around the world, but I got to thinking, after getting the Holy Land under my belt, what would be the Top 3 places I've never been that I'd like to visit?

1 - Australia. Those people just seem cool. They speak English, too, which is good because I'd be able to immerse myself a little more easily with the locals. The whole Outback deal, the Opera House, a Vegimite Sandwich, it all looks like a great place, and a world away from me way down under. Really, though, I'd mostly be hoping my flight got detoured to a far away island so I could run into Jack, Sawyer, Kate & the gang.

2 - Japan. Just sort of feel like I have to experience the busy-ness of it all. The business culture interests me as well as the people. I don't know if I know a soul from Japan, and perhaps that's why I'd like to go.

3 - Spain. Somehow, when I was rounding my tour of Europe, I missed Spain. Those people look happy, and movies that portray Spain seem fun. And the movies are always accurate, right? I'd like to try realy Spanish food.

That's mine. What are yours?

5 comments:

Genevieve said...

1. Spain. (i'm not copying you i just have always wanted to go there. my family and i are actually going for two weeks in the summer! siestas here i come. haha.)
2. China- my english professor is obsessed with this country and has passed some of his obsession to me...
3. Israel.

LUCKYYYYYYYYYYY YOUUUUUUUU.

=] haha.

Markus Hall said...

Hey Carter,

Good Luck from Down Under!! I am currently in Australia working on a project. It is really cool here, not cold it is now 78F. I just got off the phone with Amy and she said that it is 31F in Lawrenceville!

Australia is a beautiful place, last Saturday I climbed up Mt. Warning the highest non-living volcano in the Southern Hemisphere. It was awesome except for stepping on a python on my way down, I hate snakes.

I am currently located north of Brisbane in a town called Redcliffe, the pacific cost is amazing. This Saturday I get to visit the Australian Zoo, I wish Steve Irwin was still with us.

Sunday I fly to South Africa for 10 days. So wish we luck and keep me in your prayers!

1. Was Australia
2. China
3. Heaven

Good Luck and be safe!

Mark

Catherine Boozer said...

I don't really want to go to a place but I would like to make it to these events:
1. My children's weddings
2. The birth of my grandchildren
3. And one day far, far from now, heaven :)

The Evans' said...

I love Catherine's comment! The events to me are just as important as the places and those are the same 3 I would pick! Sorry to copy you, Catherine, but your comment was great.

The Bledsoe Family said...

1) Israel- I love to study the book of Revelation...so Israel is and will probably always be the top of my list

2) Alaska- just because it feels like it would be a good "fit" for me

3)Heaven- well, this goes without explaining I guess.....