First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top 3 Tuesday 2.26.08

Okay, so I'm back from Israel and have pretty much gone into a sweet tea coma since I've been back into the states. Good Lord, how do people in other parts of the U.S. and world live without that stuff? It has been good to taste the choice fruits of the South again, namely pork. I'm not sure I realized how much I love our little swine friends and all the delectable offerings they give us until I couldn't have them. So, today I'm giving you my top 3 pork dishes, mostly with a lot of local fare.

1 - The Grilled Pork Steak at The Corner Stop Cafe in Lawrenceville, GA. Really, it's hard to explain how incredible this dish is. If I'm in town on Tuesdays, I'm usually there for lunch.
2 - BBQ Sandwich at Hot Thomas BBQ in Watkinsville, GA. Man, I miss not living closer to Hot Thomas. It's perfect BBQ. Finish it off w/ some Pecan Pie and a glass bottle Coke.
3 - The Mediterranean Sausage Burger at The Grill in Athens, GA. Uh, it's a burger...made from sausage. Need I say more?

(close 4th & 5th were the Chipotle Wrap at Digger's in Lawrenceville, GA and Ribs at Dreamland BBQ in Tuscalossa, AL. Man, I love pork.)

Are you hungry yet? Got any gems I'm missing out on?

3 comments:

The Evans' said...

Good thing I've already had lunch! If you're ever in the Kansas City area, make sure you make a trip to Zarda BBQ in Lenexa. Any of their pork is just fabulous!!! Though it's not close to here, it's definitely a gem!

Carter McInnis said...

Hey, maybe I'll make a special trip just to check out Zarda. Never experienced KC BBQ, but that's definitely on my to-do list.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Hometown BBQ on L'ville Hwy (across from Ingles)? MMmmmmmmm-mmmm that's good eatin'!
We usually get a pound of pulled pork and put it on texas toast. He makes his own sauce - Carolina and Original - we like the latter.

Lesley Ratcliffe from "The Momma Church"