First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kids Will Wear You Out

After a week of evening VBS, I was pretty zapped today. It was one of those days where I wanted to accomplish something, but about all I accomplished was cleaning out a closet. Kids simply zapp you. They take attention and focus and that wears you out. Heck, all I did was lead the singing and then help out where needed. I can't imagine how all our group leaders feel.

But, it's a good reminder to encourage parents of young children. There's a reason parents with young kids look tired all the time -- they are. Kids mean responsibility, and responsibility is taxing. There's no way around it. So, when you see a worn out dad, mom, or teacher, encourage them. They're are giving their all to kids, and that will flat leave you wasted.

No comments: