First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Sunday, July 31, 2011

What a Summer!

So, today is July 31, and, in a way, the end of summer. It has been an amazing summer at Church of the Way. Really, on Memorial Day, I didn't know what to expect over the summer. We were beginning a new series, and I'd never done a series like it, especially one that long.

Nine weeks later we've had the greatest summer we've ever had a Church of the Way. Over 40 kids went on our Student Beach Retreat. We had over 200 in worship on 6 of 9 June & July Sundays. And we've seen great ministry happen in Random Kindness throughout the summer. Plus, we had some amazing nights of family worship with Family Fusion and ministered to over 45 children at VBS.

I prayed for it, but I'm not sure I expected it. That's God, though. He shows up in unexpected ways. And God is capable of more than we realize. Thank you, Church of the Way, for an awesome Summer. I can't wait to see what God does this Fall.

No comments: