First United Methodist Church of Griffin

Friday, August 5, 2011

Is it here yet?

Good Lord, I can't wait for football season. The more I read practice reports, see preseason specials and listen to sports talk radio, the more I'm growing completely restless. For my, it is simply the best. There is something about football that is not like any other sport. It is nigh unto magical. Football is a release for me. It's a time to step away from reality and have fun focusing on a game, that, in the end won't matter that much. It won't affect the economy. It probably won't affect eternity. But it sure is fun.

Things I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:


  • The first big hit

  • Interceptions. Man, I love interceptions.

  • The Sanford Sunshine

  • Crazy plays

  • Tailgating and hanging with friends

  • That feeling when a bomb is in the air

  • Thursday night college football games

  • Monday Night Football

  • Those Tuesday night Conference USA games

  • Bands...college football is supposed to have bands, not piped-in techno music

  • Helmets

  • Special uniforms

  • A tailback going 'up-and-over' for a score

  • Throwing my boys up in the air after a touchdown

Man, I can't wait.

No comments: